This is a collection of thoughts and advice on a wide range of topics, updated whenever I think of something new. It is very much work-in-progress.
I enjoy all kinds of outdoor sports, in particular trail running, mountain biking and ski mountaineering. A book that I can highly recommend if you’re into ski mountaineering or similar winter activities is 3x3 Lawinen: Risikomanagement im Wintersport (German only).
- May 2023: Regensburg Marathon 42 (3:34h)
- May 2022: Regensburg Halbmarathon 21k (1:33h)
- October 2019: München Marathon 42k (3:29h)
- June 2019: Mayerhofen Ultraks 50k (8:22h)
Below is a list of Podcasts that I enjoy listening to and which I thought others might find useful:
- The TWIML AI Podcast A great podcast that publishes interesting stories and latest developments in the area of machine learning and AI (Link)
- Risky Business Weekly update on news in the Information Security industry (Link)
- Xadrez Verbal A bi-weekly podcast in Portuguese that covers politics, history and news in general (Link)
- Radio Ambulante A Spanish-speaking podcast produced by NPR that publishes short stories about the history of Latin America (Link)
I have been running my own VPN server for multiple years now. Algo makes it extremely easy to spin-up your own IPsec VPN server in the cloud and comes with a reasonable set of defaults, so it’s definitely worth to give it a try instead of relying on a commercial VPN service.
This map gives an overview of the countries that I have visited (46 countries so far!):